The residence from Sfintilor Street, no. 7, was belong to the Berkowitz family, has been nationalized since 1948. In 1949, the party asset from 1 Mai district, later Sector II, decided to organize in the residence of Max Berkovitz, the Pioneer House of the district and sector, until the end of 1989.
We were able to find out about the activities carried out here due to some documents discovered in a covered niche, and found after the restoration works of the building’s interiors. There are accounting documents, requests for various acquisitions necessary to carry out specific activities with students, but also family issues of teachers, who taught at that time. The documents date from 1974 to 1980.